“Life’s most persistent and urgent question is: ‘What are you doing for others?'”
- Get all of us activated in the new year to catalyze a real social justice movement based on democratic means;
- Promote different causes and initiatives we’ll be taking this year to lift others while we try to lift ourselves;
- Connect with fellow activists and share ideas that we can all help each other formulate into an ACTION plan!
We need YOU to help bring this Community Democracy Project to fruition!
We are still phonebanking for the signature drive (to get our initiative on the ballot) with our connections. Come help us out to meet and learn more about your fellow community members interesting in effecting change! Ask a friend to come to our meetings with you!
On my soapbox: In lieu of MLK, Jr. Day on Monday, let’s make it a day of service to remember the wise activist. Ways you can help your community?
- Volunteer at your local community garden;
- Meet five neighbors in your local area (and introduce them to CDP!);
- Look up from your smartphone while sitting on public transportation so you’re aware in case someone older, disabled, really fatigued, or has their hands full needs to sit down more than you. Speak up and offer someone else’s seat on public transportation to an elderly or disabled person if the person sitting doesn’t seem to care or be cognizant.